Cossall Parish Council, Awsworth Parish Council and our Borough Councillors met with Avant Homes earlier this month, for the third Liaison Group meeting.
1. Hedges blocking footpath towards the bottom of Newtons Lane – Part of the hedge has been cut back, but concerns have been raised that the hedge from the end house on Newtons Lane to the first entrance of the site has not been cut – Avant Homes to look into this.
Hedges along the boundaries on Barlow Drive North have currently been left, with the exception of the last bungalow on Barlow Drive North (Chesterman end) – Avant to confirm why.
2. Construction Traffic – further concerns have been raised with regards to construction traffic including:
- Lorries gaining access to the site prior to 8am
- Number of Lorries and frequency are currently exceeding the agreed amount per hour / day
- Lack of respect from the drivers, including the speed being driven down Newtons Lane, regularly mounting the pavement and blocking of resident’s driveways
- Materials being carried by the lorries are not being covered
Avant Homes will continue to reiterate the operational hours to those concerned. Avant Homes will also look into all of the concerns raised above.
They did say the frequency of the lorries will soon drop anyway when the present earth works are finished.
3. Road Cleaning – Whilst ground works commence, Newtons Lane is to be cleaned regularly in accordance with Avant’s Construction Management Plan. They say that they endeavour to maintain a clean environment with as little disruption as possible and aim to clean the main access road twice weekly or when required, depending on conditions which can vary. If there are any concerns regarding this, we ask to be notified through the relevant Parish Council Representative and we will endeavour to react as soon as possible.
4. Insufficient health and safety measures regarding the hole dug on Newtons Lane – no lighting and the barriers didn’t completely surround the hole. Avant homes were asked to ensure this wouldn’t happen again.
5. Concerns have been raised over the amount of dust around the site, especially Newtons Lane, The Glebe and Barlow Drive North. Avant Homes confirmed that there is a Water Wagon and will ensure that this is used at the Barlow Drive North end of the site. A request that a wheel wash is made available on site has been made.
6. Silt Run Off – Following reports of silt running from the site into the canal, Avant Homes have confirmed that a silt fence and bund has been installed on the boundary, which will both reduce the volume and remove silt run off from site. Concerns have been raised that the Canal is still very murky. Avant will look at this situation.
7. Water / Slurry on to Bypass – there have been reports of water / slurry on the west side of Shilo Way, about a third of the way from Park Hill to Newtons Lane. Avant Homes will look into this.
8. Mice were reported to be seen at some properties at the end of Newtons Lane. Avant Homes will investigate.
9. The View – reports that grout is coming up through the roots of trees in the garden of The View. Avant will look into this.
Avant have confirmed that over the next 4 weeks, the works on site will continue with Drill and Grouting. Although it is acknowledged that these works may cause disruption, the company will endeavour to minimise the effect on local residents. A site compound has now been constructed by Avant’s ground workers to avoid congestion in the surrounding areas, with a designated parking area installed for workers. These works are scheduled to finish at the end of September, based on the current programme of works, however this could be influenced by external factors beyond their control. Avant Homes aim to keep both Parish Councils informed on upcoming works in the monthly liaison meetings.
Cossall Parish Council and Awsworth Parish Council will continue to meet with Avant Homes on a monthly basis and ask that if you have any concerns, ongoing issues or feedback please contact the relevant Parish Council. Concerns that are considered urgent will be passed to Avant Homes immediately.
If you are a resident of COSSALL please contact The Clerk, via email: [email protected] or post: Parish Council Clerk, 227 St Norbert Drive, Kirk Hallam, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 4ES.
If you are a resident of AWSWORTH please contact The Clerk, Hayley Holt via email: [email protected] or post: Parish Council Office, The Lane, Awsworth, Nottingham, NG16 2RF